Here Are All Your Teeth Whitening Options
Doesn’t everyone want a nice set of pearly whites? In the Glen Carbon, IL area, dental care is important to the people that live here. In fact, there are a lot of people that take advantage of over-the-counter and professional teeth whitening opportunities to give themselves a brighter smile for all the special moments in their lives. However, for those that haven’t done it, how are they supposed to know what products they need or services they should ask for? Worry not – below is a short guide for opportunities that you can take advantage of in your local area. Don’t hesitate to call the staff at 8 to 8 Dental for answers to your questions about procedures to make your teeth sparkle.
At-Home Teeth Whitening Products
The first option you have is to choose at-home teeth whitening products. These typically aren’t as potent as the whitening products available through your dentist, but they do prove effective in removing minor stains from coffee and other stannous foods. However, these products will probably not reverse the effects of a lifetime of smoking or poor oral care. For this, please see a professional. Here are the at-home products available to you for whiter teeth.
- Whitening Toothpaste – This product works just like regular toothpaste, but it possesses whitening properties to improve your smile. Results depend on how well you follow directions and the current condition of your teeth.
- Teeth Whitening Kits – These are more potent than whitening toothpaste, and they can be likened to bleaching your teeth. Most kits involve trays inserted into the mouth with whitening gels that must be left in for a period of time (varies depending on the manufacturer).
- Natural Remedies – Some people claim that certain ‘natural’ remedies can be used to whiten teeth. Some methods that people use include charcoal, baking soda and more. Use caution with any natural remedies that have not been approved by the ADA.
Professional Teeth Whitening
The teeth whitening options at your local dentist office will be much more potent than the options available over the counter. Take a look at the options below, and feel free to contact our staff for details about any of the services that we provide.
- Take-Home Whitening Kits – These are similar to over the counter whitening kits and may include bleaching gels and trays that must be left in your mouth for a certain period of time.
- Zoom Teeth Whitening – This method uses hydrogen peroxide gel and a special light to remove stains.
- Boost Teeth Whitening – This method uses hydrogen peroxide gel to remove stains without the use of any special light.
- Veneers – These are small pieces of porcelain or composite that are fitted to go over the top of a damaged